Helping employees in Basingstoke and across Hampshire
Just as people are multi-faceted and infinitely complex - so too is the employment law set up to protect them in the workplace.
As an employee you have both employment rights and obligations; your obligation to your employer is to perform your work satisfactorily and to conduct yourself appropriately. Likewise you have the right to be fairly treated and fairly paid.
These simple concepts of employment law are translated into a multitude of legal directives in one of the most fast-moving areas of the law. It can feel daunting when a problem arises and you're likely to need help quickly so call any of our employment solicitors and we'll be pleased to help.
An overview of our employment legal services:
- Advice on all aspects of rights and obligations of employees from appointment to termination
- Advice on contracts of employment, employer’s policies and rules, confidentiality and restrictive covenants
- Grievance and disciplinary matters
- Bullying and harassment
- Discrimination, trade union membership, policies and procedures
- Contractual and statutory entitlements, for example flexible or part-time working, holiday and other forms of leave
- Negotiating settlements, compromise agreements and advice
- Representation of contentious issues before the Employment Tribunals or the Court
Call or email one of our employment solicitors to find out more:
Or call our switchboard on 01256 460830