We provide legal services for families in Basingstoke and across Hampshire
It's a fact of life that not all marriages or relationships are successful. Sadly, one out of every two marriages today ends in divorce.
When a relationship or marriage breaks down, one or both parties may want to dissolve the marriage or to obtain a formal decree of judicial separation. You will need professional advice to help you through these processes.
Our family solicitors at Phillips in Basingstoke specialise in all aspects of the breakdown of the family unit, especially when it involves complex financial and property matters and - most importantly - any children.
Our family law solicitors and support team work with you to avoid lengthy, costly and emotionally-draining court cases wherever possible, often by using our mediation and collaborative law services.
What you can expect from our family solicitors team:
- Expertise in the field you need - all the solicitors in our family law team are highly qualified and we are accredited members of Family Lawyers, The Family Mediators Association and Relate Quality Partners. You can be sure we'll look after your needs with great discretion
- Clear straight-forward legal advice when you need it most - we aim to keep jargon to a minimum and guide you through the process in a manner which is easy to understand
- A good progression of your case - we'll keep you involved, informed with regular updates, whilst endeavouring to keep the stress levels to a minimum
- No surprises - we'll give you an estimate of costs upfront, subject to the proviso that emergencies cannot be predicted and, of course, so much depends on the co-operation of the other person(s). We'll keep you informed of changes so that you can keep a proper eye on your budget
An overview of our family legal services:
- Living together, contracts and disputes
- Pre-nuptial agreements
- Children issues arising from family breakdown
- Civil partnerships
- Collaborative law
- Domestic violence
- Financial issues arising from family breakdown
- Asset protection
- Counselling referrals
- Family issues and court hearings
- International disputes
Before we meet
Clients often ask what they should bring to their first meeting with our family law solicitors. We want to reassure you that the most important thing is to bring yourselves and not to worry.
However, we do need to gather quite a lot of information about your case and so it can be helpful if you come armed with some essential information - then we can make sure that the time we spend together is most productive for you.
Click here to see what sort of information you'll need to bring to our first meeting.
Call any member of our team of family solicitors on 01256 460830
Howard Gardener, direct line 01256 854632, email here
Hayley Eachus, direct line 01256 854633, email here
Rob Parker, direct line 01256 854676, email here
Emily Poynter, direct line 01256 854630, email here