The house buying and selling process can be quite stressful, but we endeavour to make it all go smoothly from the beginning to the end and of course give our clients great service.
- You instruct us to act on your behalf and we open your file. We can, of course act for you to buy your new house as well.
- We send you the transaction forms which you must sign and return and you must provide identification documents
- You complete a ‘fixtures & fittings’ list (which can be used to sell items to your purchaser)
- You must complete a ‘Property Information’ form and a questionnaire confirming your personal details
- Either we can or your estate agent can arrange for a Domestic Energy Assessor to make an appointment to visit your house and prepare the necessary Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
Before We Exchange Contracts
- We request the Deeds of the property
- We prepare a Contract pack which is then sent to your buyer
- We deal with enquiries from your buyer’s solicitor which we answer with your assistance
- We will send the final approved Contract to you for you to sign
Exchange of Contracts
- We agree a completion date with you and with your buyers, through your buyer’s solicitor. We will not agree completion dates until the whole chain is ready to exchange
- Please note that at this stage deposit monies will be required from the buyer and the Contract becomes legally binding
Before We Complete the Transaction
- This is the time you need to make arrangements like booking your removal company, notify your service providers about your move, arranging for your post to be redirected and making sure we have your forwarding address
- We will send a Completion Statement to you, showing redemption figures obtained from your Bank/Building Society, if applicable
- This is the day you move, as agreed at the exchange stage
- You must vacate the property that day and leave the keys with your estate agent
- We will arrange for the legal completion: handing over the Deeds in return for the balance of monies owing and the redemption of any existing mortgage
- One last thing – don’t forget that you should now make a Will or update your existing Will. Call if you’d like us to help.