Come and work for the Law Society Excellence Awards Medium Law Firm of the Year 2021!
Phillips Solicitors is a leading Hampshire law firm based in Basingstoke, with a strong and open culture of continuous personal growth and development.
We have a vacancy for a full-time File Opening and Anti Money Laundering Clerk. The main purpose of this role will be to use the current case management system; LEAP, to create new client matters and input all relevant data and to ensure all compliance requirements are met upon a matter being created. This is an essential role within the business. The creation of new files correctly streamlines the process for fee earners when they receive the files allowing fee earners to work more efficiently. Within this role you will also be expected to assist the Money Laundering Reporting Officer in ensuring best practice throughout the firm in respect of all identity checks and source of funds checks and assist in ensuring the data in LEAP for all third parties (such as Courts, other solicitor firms) are up to date and accurate. Anti-money laundering checks are extremely important in order for us to comply with our regulatory obligations by working with the Money Laundering Reporting Officer you will be providing a key function for the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Opening Matters (Data Entry);
- Checking, Copying and Save ID in the relevant place on LEAP;
- Running AML checks for all matters and inputting data accurately and correctly;
- Identifying non-compliant AML searches and carry out any further checks;
- Communicating with clients (in person, by email and telephone) to obtain missing information for matters and reassuring them as to why the information is required;
- Updating LEAP Cards to ensure accurate data in system for all third parties and clients;
- Communicating with other staff members to ensure they are obtaining correct information in order to open files;
- Carrying out relevant checks on current matters to ensure compliance data all inserted and accurate;
- and Maintaining compliance with all company policies and procedures as instructed by the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
Qualifications/Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal skills, including ability to effectively communicate with other staff members and clients
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in Data Entry
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and to carry out instructions of supervisor
- Ability to adhere to prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices of the firm and understand the importance of compliance the effect on firm of expected standards / compliance not being met
With a core value of bringing talented people together to achieve positive outcomes, we are an energised team, passionate about:
- attracting and retaining the brightest and most positive colleagues to work with;
- being the regional law firm that clients want to work with for the quality of our advice and our people; and
- being a place where we love coming into work.
Phillips is a market leader in family friendly policies. In this role you will have the ability to work from home one day a week. We also offer enhanced maternity and paternity pay; a menopause policy and a fertility policy.
In addition to an attractive benefits package, there are regular social events, a running and walking club, weekly fruit, and free entry into the Basingstoke half marathon of which we are headline sponsor.
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to equality and diversity within the workplace.
Please send your letter of application and current CV to our Finance and Operations Manager, Faye McMahon
by emailing [email protected]
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please note that any personal data provided in the course of your application will be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice.