Phillips Solicitors is a leading Hampshire law firm based in Basingstoke and is going through a period of growth.
We are looking for a full-time qualified Junior Family Law Solicitor with nought to three years post qualification experience. In return we offer a competitive salary dependent upon experience and ability.
With a core value of bringing talented people together to achieve positive outcomes, we are an energised team, passionate about:
- attracting and retaining the brightest and most positive colleagues to work with;
- being the regional law firm that clients want to work with for the quality of our advice and our people; and
- being a place where we love coming into work.
Phillips has a strong client base with a substantial amount of work coming in from repeat clients or their referrals. We are a key member of the local business community and strive to be the market leader in the region.
Phillips is a market leader in family friendly policies. In this role you will have the ability to work from home two days per week. We also offer enhanced maternity and paternity pay; a menopause policy and a fertility policy.
Our culture is one of continuous growth and development, not only in terms of the expertise and the services we offer, but also in our engagement with the local community. Our network is constantly evolving and our clients tell us our great reputation is growing.
In your role, you will:
- assist Senior Solicitors on existing caseload, but also be expected to grow your own client base;
- work on a range of matters including: divorce, dissolution, financial issues arising out of the divorce or dissolution, pre and post nuptial agreements and private law children act proceedings;
- have the opportunity to carry out your own advocacy at court hearings as well as briefing counsel; and
- be well supported by an experienced team who will help you grow your career and expertise.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a family law department and be prepared to take on a busy case load.
We are looking to recruit individuals who are ambitious, enthusiastic and willing to take a lead on client matters and business development. This is an exciting time for Phillips as we look to further build our experienced team of excellent lawyers.
As well as being part of a law firm with a great reputation, Phillips offers a company pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, private medical insurance, a group life assurance scheme, discretionary bonus and parking. In addition, there are regular social events, a running and walking club, weekly fruit and free entry in to the Basingstoke half marathon of which we are headline sponsors.
We are also an equal opportunities employer committed to equality and diversity within the workplace.
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to Faye McMahon, Operations and Finance Manager, by emailing [email protected]
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please note that any personal data provided in the course of your application will be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice.