Come and work for the Law Society Excellence Awards Medium Law Firm of the Year 2021!
Phillips Solicitors is a leading Hampshire law firm based in Basingstoke, with a strong and open culture of continuous personal growth and development.
We have a vacancy for a full-time Legal Secretary to support our Corporate, Employment and Commercial Property Departments. In return we offer a competitive salary based upon experience and ability.
In your role you will work for the fee earners across the Corporate, Employment and Commercial Property departments to assist each fee earner with legal work, business development and administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diary management
- Digital dictation
- Liaising with clients
- Assisting with file opening and closing process
- General administration work
- Drafting documents and correspondence
- Assisting fee earners with business development and working with marketing department
- Preparing invoices, completion statements and assisting with billing and payment process.
- Ideally experience gained as a Legal Secretary or Legal Assistant in one of the relevant areas of law
- Fast and accurate typing skills - ideally to have experience of digital dictation
- Willingness to learn
- Be highly organised
- Be able to prioritise own workload
- The ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure
- Solid IT skills - MS Office, Case Management Systems and Outlook
- Strong admin skills
- Be a keen team player
- Strong communication skills and ability to build and maintain long-term professional relationships
- Clear client focus
With a core value of bringing talented people together to achieve positive outcomes, we are an energised team, passionate about:
- attracting and retaining the brightest and most positive colleagues to work with;
- being the regional law firm that clients want to work with for the quality of our advice and our people; and
- being a place where we love coming into work.
Phillips is a market leader in family friendly policies. In this role you will have the ability to work from home one day a week. We also offer enhanced maternity and paternity pay; a menopause policy and a fertility policy.
In addition to an attractive benefits package, there are regular social events, a running and walking club, weekly fruit, and free entry into the Basingstoke half marathon of which we are headline sponsor.
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to equality and diversity within the workplace.
Please send your letter of application and current CV to our Finance and Operations Manager, Faye McMahon
by emailing [email protected]
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please note that any personal data provided in the course of your application will be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice.