The challenges created by the Coronavirus (Covid -19) are affecting all of us and we want to reassure you that Phillips has prepared carefully to ensure we can continue to support all our clients and remain fully open for business, whilst prioritising above all the health and safety of our clients and our staff.
We are ready and available to provide effective and up to the minute legal advice, to support you and your business in what are unprecedented times.
Phillips has been committed to agile working for some time, and we have in place procedures to ensure we can continue to function fully on a remote footing. Following yesterday’s government announcements these procedures have been activated as of today. Therefore, although the firm will continue to remain physically open to the extent required by ongoing commitments, our current operational status is as follows:
- all fee earners are able to work remotely, client commitments depending;
- you can contact us by telephone or email in the usual way;
- our IT infrastructure has been set up to ensure the integrity and continuous availability of email and documents handled on a remote basis; and
- where required meetings will be by way of telephone or video conference; we will be in touch to rearrange any planned ‘in person’ conferences.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will take whatever action is necessary to protect the health of our clients and our staff. The health, wellbeing and safety of everyone is our focus and that is why we are taking these steps in line with public health advice.
Should you have occasion nevertheless to visit the firm, rest assured that all appropriate measures have been taken for your health and safety:
- we have taken on board all relevant advice from in particular Public Health England, the World Health Organisation and the Covid-19 Working Group when considering appropriate measures to minimise the impact to public health;
- all appropriate procedures have been put in place as to the physical environment, with cleaning in the firm having been intensified and hand wash and hand sanitisers provided throughout; and
- should any of our staff show even mild signs of flu-like symptoms, we will be following the government guidance as to medical care and self-isolation, and we will ensure that team members are fully supported during this time.
By putting in place these contingency measures we intend to continue offering as normal a service as possible throughout the duration of this unprecedented pandemic; and by working together we are confident that we can find solutions to any problems arising, thereby reducing as far as possible any impact on our clients and minimising risks to health.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact one of the following Directors or your usual point of contact:
Max Hope – 07973 159165
Jack Gardener – 07968 082939
Hayley Eachus – 07557 341388
Elizabeth Ford – 07941 076782