Haymarket Family Mediation, which is a part of Phillips Solicitors, will be supporting Family Mediation Week, that will run from January 18 to January 22.
Organised by the Family Mediation Council (FMC), the aim of the week is to raise awareness of mediation and how it can help separating families manage their issues collaboratively and productively.
Often mediation can help to secure a far better outcome for couples and children – it tends to be quicker, less costly and less combative than resolving issues through court.
Click here to watch a short video explaining family mediation.
How family mediation can help you and your family:
- It is less stressful than going to court and saves you money as it is usually much cheaper
- It helps you make arrangements over parenting, property and money
- It lets you keep more control of your family’s future, and helps you put your child’s interests first
- It helps you all move on quickly to the next stage of your lives
- The agreements you make can be changed if your circumstances change.
You may be able to obtain free mediation and legal support if you are eligible for Legal Aid.
Should you wish to discuss family mediation, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Sheila Parkes who heads the Haymarket Family Mediation team by emailing [email protected] or by calling 01256 854652.
Alternatively, click here to go to our contact page.
Our mediators and staff are able to work remotely so Phillips Solicitors and Haymarket Family Mediation remain fully open for business. Mediation and appointments can take place by zoom or other virtual platforms so you can be assured that we are able to meet your needs and we can discuss any questions you may have about this in advance and by telephone. During these difficult times, our Town Gate office in Basingstoke is temporarily closed to visitors unless by prior appointment and when meeting in person is essential.