Our Employment Law team can help you with any issue that arises in connection with your employment status, your employment or its termination.
Here is an overview of our employment legal services:
- Advice on all aspects of the rights and obligations of employees from recruitment processes, through appointment, employment and termination of employment.
- Differentiation between different types of worker and employment status.
- Advice on contracts of employment, staff handbooks, employer’s policies and rules, confidentiality and restrictive covenants including post-termination restrictions.
- Grievance and disciplinary matters whether bringing them or defending them.
- Bullying, harassment and dignity at work.
- Discrimination of all types - whether direct or indirect.
- Whistle blowing – what this means and who to approach.
- Trade union membership and detriment arising from this.
- Long term sickness absence, medical evidence and capability.
- Flexible working which is now open to all employees to apply for.
- Maternity, paternity, shared parental, adoptive and dependant leave and leave for other specific purposes such as jury service, public service or compassionate leave.
- Working time issues such as hours/days worked; holiday entitlement; shift work; breaks and time off.
- Minimum wage
- Suffering a detriment at work, harassment and victimisation.
- Termination of employment on any alleged grounds.
- Advising on and negotiating the terms of settlement agreements including those of very senior executives.
- Tribunal and court work in respect of any contentious employment related issues whether privately or insurance funded.